The purpose of this document is to eliminate or minimize the risk of occupational exposure to workers from COVID-19 and other droplet transmitted viruses.
Mode of Covid-19 Transmission
Covid-19 is transmitted by large droplets which may be generated when an infected person coughs or sneezes. Droplets travel a short distance through the air (less than 2 metres) and can be deposited on inanimate surfaces or in the eyes, nose, or mouth. Scenarios with an increased risk include a person who has:
- Close contact (within 2 metres) with a COVID-19 case experiencing respiratory symptoms (sneezing, coughing).
- Direct physical contact (touching contaminated skin/hands).
- Contact with an inanimate object, such as contaminated surfaces and objects.
Signs and Symptoms of COVID-19
Common symptoms are fever, tiredness and a dry cough. Some patients may have aches and pains, nasal congestion, runny nose, sore throat, vomiting or diarrhea. These symptoms are usually mild and begin gradually. They are similar to a cold or flu and may take up to 14 days to appear.
Standard precautions for COVID-19 or any flu like illness include Handwashing, Cough & Sneeze Etiquette, staying at home when sick and self isolation for containment purpose. Also ensure to maintain Social Distancing (2 metres apart).
Wash with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or, if soap and water are not availale, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- When arriving at your work area and when you leave a work area, and often throughout the day
- After handling materials that may be contaminated
- Before eating, drinking, smoking, handling contact lenses or applying makeup
Cough and Sneeze Etiquette:
- Stay home when sick
- Cover your mouth and nose with sleeve or tissue when coughing or sneezing
- Use tissue to contain secretions and dispose of them promptly in a waste container
- Turn your head away from others when coughing or sneezing
- Do not shake hands
- Wash your hands often, and always after coughing , sneezing or blowing your nose. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based sanitizer
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who show any signs of flu like symptoms
Social Distancing Action Plan for Corona Virus:
We will follow the Social Distancing plan as outlined:
Boardroom – In order to maintain social distancing (2metres apart) there will be a maximum of 6 people allowed in the boardroom at one time. 3 people per side to maintain social distancing. Table to be wiped down prior to and after each use.
Lunch room – Only 2 people allowed in lunch room at once (to maintain social distancing). All appliances, table, chairs, etc.. to be disinfected prior to and after each use.
Office – General office surfaces such as light switches, desks, telephones, keyboards, door handles, etc.. to be disinfected frequently.
Hand sanitizers will be placed at corner of reception desk (main floor) upon entry. There will also be hand sanitzer placed up stairs on table by printers.
Entry – There is a sign posted on the door instructing visitors to knock and wait for someone to allow them in.
If Social Distancing (2 metres) cannot be maintained, PPE(face coverings) will be used for a short period of time.